- Demonstrates professional and excellent customer service by routinely ensuring a reliable, safe, clean and engaging customer experience for TTC patrons consistently
- Maintaining a secure and customer friendly environment by ensuring compliance with all TTC company standards and policies
- Interacting face to face and directly with customers, providing them with assistance by answering questions, addressing customer concerns and providing information such as directions, transit routes, schedules, fare information, etc.
- Conducting routine and scheduled station inspections, performing frontline housekeeping and resetting equipment, as required
- Providing exemplary customer service to customers with accessibility issues while using Stations
- Participating in preparatory emergency measures and responding to emergencies, as required
- Submitting reports regarding fault reporting and maintenance, service performance, signage, station performance, and etc.
- Performing light cleaning in and around Presto machines, fare line, booths, ante rooms and etc.
- Clearing snow/slush and water from station entrances, stairs and etc. if assistance is required
- Performing various administrative duties including completing various standardized forms, reports, etc. applicable to duties and responsibilities
- Treats passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensures the needs of passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Grade 12, or its recognized equivalent as determined by the Training & Development Department
- Successful candidates will be required to attend and successfully complete the customer service training program and re-certification programs as required
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience working in a customer service environment demonstrating the ability to interact with customers by providing assistance, information, answering questions, addressing concerns, dealing with conflict situations and those with disabilities
- Good keyboarding skills with the ability to operate a tablet / lap top and related computer applications (word processing, spreadsheet and forms) related to the work
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of routes operated by TTC, TTC services and related policies
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgement and be able to adapt effectively to rapidly changing environments
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to adhere to all TTC safety protocols * COVID-19 inclusive
The TTC is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, anti-racism and inclusion in the delivery of its services and in its workplaces. The TTC is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities it serves at all levels of the organization, and supports an inclusive environment where diverse employee and community perspectives and experiences bring value to the organization. The TTC encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ(IA+) community. The TTC values and supports an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Accommodations for applicants are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process, including for those who identify as having a disability. Please contact Talent Management at (416) 393-4570. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The TTC’s policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to a relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted.