As a Summer Law Student within our Corporate Legal Team, you will assist with corporate file management and litigation support under the supervision of our lawyers. You will report to the Senior Legal Counsel, and throughout the term, you will gain experience in various practice areas such as Corporate Law, Advocacy/Litigation and Commercial Real Estate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyzing data, providing legal research, and drafting support.
- Conduct analysis of specific provisions of leases and commercial contracts.
- Preparing legal memoranda on specific issues for the business.
- Provide project support for ongoing corporate law and commercial litigation projects.
- Work with counsel on complex legal files.
- Participate in Capstone Project working collaboratively with Interns across business units.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are currently completing your first year of an LLB/JD program at an Ontario university.
- Demonstrated interest in, corporate law, commercial litigation, and real estate/leasing law.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Experience with legal research.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and legal analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
Our Summer Internships are 4-month paid terms starting in May 2023 and ending in August 2023. Please include your CV and your latest available academic credentials. Please note that our application deadline is February 10, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to an interview with our team. Interviews will be conducted February 21-22, 2023, and offers will be made on February 23, 2023, at 5 p.m.
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. To discuss any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.