Work closely with the Project Company Representative and the entire Project Company to fulfil all of the requirements set forth in the Project Agreement, such as;
- Lead the communication and community engagement requirements pertaining to the Project Company’s scope of work under the Project Agreement during the construction period;
- Ensure the public and Stakeholders are informed and engaged in a timely manner, and that appropriate action is taken to address complaints, mitigate impacts to residents and businesses, such as noise, vibration, and impediments to access;
- To effectively communicate such impacts and progress of the Works to the public;
- Support and collaborate with other adjacent Project Companies’ communication agendas;
- Proactively consider public and Stakeholder impacts in advance of potentially disruptive construction activities and take action to mitigate negative perceptions;
- Participate in the Communications Working Group, Stakeholder Working Group, Construction Liaison Committee meetings, internal and external meetings, public in-person and virtual events
Other Responsibilities as Defined in the project agreement.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding and key relationships with Toronto, Ontario, and National media; print, radio, television, and social.
- Professional affiliations, certificates, or awards considered assets.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, independence and ability to manage priorities;
- Skilled in interacting with direct and indirect reporting employees and with company managers;
- Skilled in interacting with subcontractors and with customers and customer representatives;
- Excellent communication skills and a strong, self-motivated, work ethic;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access);
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work on multiple demands simultaneously.
- Clear Background Check (Criminal)
Education / Qualifications
- A post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, or related field.
- Advanced degree such as MBA or MS preferred.
- English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.