As a Summer Law Student, you will support our Legal Team in preparing and negotiating legal documents in connection with leasing transactions. Reporting to the Legal Counsel, you will gain experience in various practice areas, such as Commercial Leasing Law.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyzing data and conducting legal research.
- Assist with drafting various legal documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Create, organize, and maintain up to date departmental files of all correspondence, as well as other filing.
- Provide administrative and ongoing project support.
- Maintain a variety of electronic databases and organize files for off-site storage.
- Prepare various correspondence, photocopies, and emails.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives and take on other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are currently completing your first year of an LLB/JD program at an Ontario university.
- Demonstrated interest in commercial real estate/leasing law.
- You have previous experience with legal research.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate across all levels within and outside First Capital.
- You have outstanding organizational capabilities with the ability to prioritize.
- You are a self-starter with willingness to learn dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
Our Summer Internships are 4-month paid terms starting in May 2023 and ending in August 2023. Please include your CV and your latest available academic credentials. Please note that our application deadline is February 10, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to an interview with our team. Interviews will be conducted February 21-22, 2023, and offers will be made on February 23, 2023, at 5 p.m.
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.