At Daniels, you will work with passionate leaders across the real estate development process to make purposeful change and bring communities to life.
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 39 years. Daniels has built more than 39,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
WE DO WHAT’S RIGHT
We stand behind what we build, and we make it last. By approaching what we do with the highest standards, we create exceptional homes and resilient communities.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST
By putting people first, we build strong and diverse communities in which we can all reach our full potential together.
WE BUILD FOR THE FUTURE
Daniels makes positive change possible. Our sustainable practices and long-term thinking drive us to build a healthy future for all.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
We go above and beyond, because our passion pushes us to take action. At Daniels, you will love what you do so people can love where they live.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a full-time Property Manager to join our team. The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring that the daily operations of their portfolio are conducted under the current operational policies and that the overall objectives are met.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with excellent organization and communication skills. Working primarily out of the on-site Management Office located in Mississauga, this person will be responsible for oversight of the day-to-day property management of a rental project.
Rental Management Responsibilities:
• Responsible in the enforcement of the Landlord and Tenant Act in the prescribed manner.
• To ensure Tenant satisfaction and always serve all Tenants with a smile.
• Handle all Resident complaints quickly and professionally and advise Management when necessary.
• Correspond with Residents in a professional manner both written and verbally.
• File copies of all relevant correspondence with Tenants and trades.
• Responsible for all in suite repairs and maintenance.
• Ensure all monthly Tenant renewals are done on time.
• Responsible for the vetting and approval of all leasing applications.
• Prepare weekly leasing reports and ensure the re-rental chart is updated daily.
• Responsible for the completion of quarterly and annual leasing and management reports to the Owners.
• Participate in the Daniels Gateway On-call rotation.
• Assist with training of new management staff.
• Approve staff vacations and ensure replacements.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, direction, supervision and discipline of all building staff.
• Must obtain final authorization of Senior Management prior to hiring or dismissing any staff.
• Responsible for the periodic evaluation of all site staff performance in the prescribed form.
• Staff meetings must be held on a regular basis with all site staff.
• Maintain current job descriptions for all staff.
• Tenders and negotiates all contracts relating to grounds, snow removal, painting and other maintenance services as required.
• Tenders and negotiates insurance coverage.
• Inspects and follows up repairs following insurable losses with the insurance adjuster, resident, Board and contractor.
• Ensures that all proof of loss statements are accurate and signed as required.
• Ensures that all maintenance logs and checklists for all maintenance are maintained and kept up to date.
• Conducts contractor performance reviews as required.
• Where applicable, establishes a Preventative Maintenance Program relating to all aspects of the physical components of the building including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire safety systems.
• Attempts to ensure that all deficiency matters are resolved.
• Must walk site weekly.
• Complete monthly written inspection.
• Follow up and ensure that all items on building inspections are attended to.
• Supervises contractors, arranges work schedules and monitors contractors performance.
• Have a thorough knowledge of all contracts and monitor their performance.
• Assist in the issuing of new contracts as required.
• Ensure after hours coverage by management 24 hours/day, 7 days/week for any emergencies.
• Responsible for the completion of items as they appear on the building operational check list and planned budgeted expenses.
• Familiarity with computer and developing systems to operate the property efficiently.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Act and documentation.
• Requires a working knowledge of all other Government Acts & Codes which affect the management of residential properties. (i.e. Human Rights, Fire Code, Elevators, Municipal Bylaws, Workers Compensation, Employment Standards, etc.).
• Maintain accurate records and documents for the project, including an up-to-date owner's register with all non-resident owner's information.
• Provide timely reports to Head Office as requested (i.e. building inspection, operational check list, building inventory, management report, etc...).
• Maintain professional and timely correspondence with Residents and outside agencies.
• Attend meetings and seminars as requested.
• Attend owner meetings and prepare as required.
• Perform duties within the scope of Management Contract.
• Ensure timely and proper insurance is in place for the project.
• Advise senior management on legal matters where capable and refer items to lawyer when and if required.
• Ensure that all occurrences are reported to senior management.
• Prepares and presents to Senior Management the first draft of the Annual Operating Budget.
• Reviews the financial statement, balance sheet and general ledger on monthly basis.
• Reviews the balance sheet and financial statement with the Senior Management and discusses all budget accounts and variances as required.
• Prepares a pro-forma budget projection of revenue and expenses to year end after receipt of the nine-month statement.
• Responsible for strict budget control and receiving proper approval to undertake expense repairs under the terms of the Management Contract.
• Responsible for obtaining the best competitive price for services required.
• Maintain a listing of planned expenditures for upcoming budget year.
• Maintain, monitor and control budget expenses.
• Seek proper approvals and stay within lines of spending authority as set out by the Management Agreement.
• Responsible for the collection of rent.
• Responsible for proper payroll reporting.
• Must authorize and approve all expenditures and ensure proper allocation of same.
• Taking the initiative to consult with other Managers and professional groups as to the current state of the art in property management. Being well organized and a team player is an essential element of the job.
• Develop and maintain excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral. At all times being professional and courteous.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and tasks with an ability to work beyond a standard work week.
• Periodically reviews the planning and development aspects of the surrounding neighbourhood and foreshadows any potential problems.
• Experience in residential rental property management including knowledge of property administrative, maintenance and customer service practices .
• Experience in Condominium Management would be an asset.
• Pleasant and engaging personality is required, as there is a great deal of interaction with clients, tenants and investors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Microsoft Office and knowledge of Yardi would also be beneficial.
• Required to travel within the GTA regularly; the candidate must have reliable transportation and possess a valid driver's license.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume by October 13th, 2023 to Stephen Clifford, Director, Gateway Operations, at email@example.com and John Hickey, Director, Property Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.