Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
What is the Opportunity?
Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We’re proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country.
Aecon is currently seeking a Planner to join our transformative infrastructure project within the GTA. Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Planner is responsible for ensuring high-quality deliverables and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Performs and/or coordinates, collects, verifies, and integrates the work scope for all entities into the total project plan.
- Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules
- Develops and maintains all the required project schedules and ensures integrity of data across the entire project life cycle
- Creation and implementation of key scheduling requirements such as bespoke activity coding, naming conventions, client requirements management protocol, project calendars and resource and plant data libraries
- Supports resource planning and analysis
- Forecasts the requirement of various types of resources including labor, materials, and equipment over the course of the project based on work front’s analysis
- Prepares required progress reports and dashboards to provide project status updates to all internal and external clients
- Analyzes schedule variance, float and trending and monitor schedule KPIs
- Supports progress measurement process and analyze progress and performance data
- Performs audits on various schedules including those produced by subcontractors and prepares all required output documents
- Collaborates with all cross functional teams to maintain, add, or modify the schedule data and plans
- Supports schedule 5D integration process with the 3D model and cost and report the outputs which includes cash flow and sequence simulations
- Creates and maintains a collaborative culture and environment that is open, inclusive and respectful
What You Bring to the Team:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years planning experience in mega projects
- Strong experience and ability in planning, scheduling and managing complex projects
- Proven problem solver with sound judgment who accepts ownership and accountability
- Expert level knowledge of project Planning and Scheduling software which may include Primavera P6
What Makes us Aecon Proud:
- Engaging and agile workplace culture, collaborative and inclusive teams
- Commitment to sustainability and to becoming a net-zero company by 2050
- Investing in our people through a variety of learning and development programs such as Aecon University, BluePrint leadership program, and Project Management Academy
- Variety of wellness benefits, access to virtual health care, 100% employer-paid health and dental premiums, Employee Assistance Program, Best Doctors Program, and more.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Recognition and rewards through Aecon Accolades, Aecon Achievement Awards and more
- Employee Stock Options, Short Term Incentive Program, Retirement Savings and Pension Plan
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require accommodation during any step of the application process, please click here.