Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
What Is The Opportunity
Aecon's Urban Transportation Solutions team is proactively seeking Estimators to support future dynamic, transit projects in the Greater Toronto Area. We are proud to support projects that are committed to faster and more convenient travel, ultimately keeping our community in mind to support the ease of travel within the city. This starts with bringing aboard the best possible team!
What You Will Do Here
- Responsible for accuracy of bid cost to actual cost of work performed.
- Analyzes documents, drawings, specifications, proposals, and addendums in preparation for pricing.
- Performs any estimate related oral and/or written communications with clients.
- Reviewing project site prior to price preparation.
- Performs quantity take-off from construction drawings where applicable.
- Obtains pricing from suppliers and Subcontractors, compiling information into estimate.
- Formulates all costs for tender submission – labour, equipment, material, rentals, and subcontracts.
- Oversees the distribution of appropriate documentation appropriately upon award of project.
- Collaborates with Operations to drive project success and learning.
- Performs Post Bid / Post Project Analysis completion and that associated learning and communication takes place.
- Assists with RFP’s and General Contract tender submissions.
- Assists with Prequalification submissions, RFQ’s and RFI’s as required.
- Incorporates / complies with Aecon’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Protects all forms of proprietary information.
- Maintains Estimating data systems to ensure they are kept up to date.
What You Will Bring to The Team
- 2-10 years of experience completing estimates.
- University Degree, College Diploma or Trades Background– or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and documents.
- Good knowledge of job cost fundamentals for typical items and scopes where design and/or schematics have been provided.
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency- MS Excel/Word.
- Experience with estimating software is considered an asset.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to time manage and formulate plans to meet multiple deadlines within a high-pressure work environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as required.
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.