The Toronto Community Benefits Network (TCBN) has centred itself at the forefront of the economic justice movement in Toronto by negotiating Community Benefits Agreements (CBAs) into public infrastructure and urban development projects. In so doing, TCBN is addressing the challenges of access to good jobs, local economic development and neighbourhood revitalization particularly as they impact on historically disadvantaged communities and equity seeking groups in Toronto.
TCBN employs a comprehensive approach that includes community organizing, innovative policy advocacy, research, and communications. TCBN’s efforts have led to the City of Toronto’s Community Benefits Framework (2019) and negotiating Community Benefits requirements as part of 10 large scale infrastructure and development projects across the City of Toronto totaling over $45 billion in project value. For more information about our work, visit communitybenefits.ca, nexgenbuilders.ca and inclusiverecovery.ca.
- Support Programs Team/Department by opening and closing case files, providing administrative support, processing claims, and support coordination functions for the department by scheduling meetings, tracking correspondence.
- Provide information to applicants and public and handle telephone inquiries/complaints.
- Maintain computer files, input and update the case management database.
- Attend monthly staff meetings when requested
- Assist with coordinating the outreach efforts for the programs team
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Community Benefits Programs
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 (one) year of relevant work or volunteer experience in community
- Excellent verbal and written French and English language skills
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills to provide support services and organize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to respond to basic inquiries and explain office procedures in a clear understandable manner
- Computer proficient and have knowledge of case management systems to input and track information, generate statistics and reports
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software notably Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve results
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the construction industry, how it is organized, and how to gain access
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Familiarity with the social context of neighborhood improvement areas in Toronto
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the TCBN’s values and ethical standards
Terms of Employment
Salary Living Wage at $22.08/ hr, 35 hours per week
TCBN maintains a healthy, team-oriented working environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to sign in to Employer Portal, complete their Profile and Resume and Apply.
DEADLINE: Ongoing until filled.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise TCBN of any accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.